Picking up after your dog
Dog droppings are a health risk and are upsetting for everyone. They add pollution to our environment and can transmit diseases to people and other animals.
Dog owners who walk their dogs in public places are responsible for cleaning up their dog’s droppings. All droppings on public streets, parks or beaches must be collected and disposed of in a waste bin.
What will happen if I don't pick up after my dog?
If you don’t pick up after your dog you can be fined $210.
Walking your dog: cleaning up made easy fact sheet
Dog tidy units
Dog tidy units containing plastic bags for hygienic disposal of dog droppings are installed in parks and reserves throughout the local area. Please use them. A list of locations is provided below, or you can access these from our West Maps public site - simply access 'Doggy bag reels' in the layers list.
Dog tidy unit locations
- Albert Street, Camden
- Apex Park, West Beach
- Baroda Avenue, Netley
- Bartlett Drive Drain, Novar Gardens Saratoga easement both ends
- Birkalla Soccer Club, Camden
- Brooker Terrace, Richmond
- Florence St Reserve, Netley
- Graham Crescent Reserve, Novar Gardens
- Opp 127 Glengyle, Terrace Plympton
- Rex Jones Reserve, Kurralta Park
- St. Georges Reserve Glandore
- Camden Oval Sporting Complex, Camden
- Clifford Street Reserve, Torrensville
- College Park Reserve, Lipsett Terrace, Brooklyn Park
- Coral Sea Reserve, Fulham
- Cummins Reserve, Sheoak Avenue, Novar Gardens
- Dove Street, Thebarton
- East Parkway, Fulham
- Errington Street, Plympton
- Frank Norton Reserve, Torrensville
- Golflands Reserve, Wongala Avenue, Glenelg North
- Grassmere Reserve, Cross Street, Kurralta Park
- Jubilee Park, Wellington Street, Glandore
- Kesmond Reserve, Farnham Road, Keswick
- Kitt Street, West Beach
- Lindfield Reserve, Lindfield Avenue, Novar Gardens
- Lockleys Oval, Lockleys
- Mellor Park, Lockleys
- Mountbatten Grove, West Beach
- Netley Wetlands, Brownhill Creek, Netley
- Oakmont Crescent, Novar Gardens
- Plympton Green, Crews Crescent, Plympton
- Pacific Reserve, Pacific Parade, West Beach
- St. Andrews Crescent, Novar Gardens
- Sandison Terrace, Glenelg North
- Sandrigham Reserve, Raymond Avenue, North Plympton
- Swan Court, West Beach
- Weigall Oval, Plympton
- Western Youth Centre, Cowandilla.
Along the Linear Park
- Autumn Avenue, Lockeys
- Frontage Road, Lockleys
- Michael Street, Lockleys
- Sherriff Street, Underdale
- Torrens Avenue, Lockleys
- Between Jervois Street and Harvey Road, Torrensville.
Along the Westside Bikeway
- Birdwood Terrace and Oval Terrace, Plympton
- Long Street and McArthur Avenue, Plympton
- McArthur opposite Gray Street, Marleston
- Near corner of Stonehouse Avenue, Camden Park
- Near Morphett Road, Camden Park
- Ritchie Terrace and Barwell Avenue, Marleston.
- Section between Marion Road and Stonehouse Ave.
All dog tidy units are checked and refilled every week on Fridays.
Reporting a damaged dog tidy unit
If you see a dog tidy unit which is damaged or has run out of bags email Customer Service or contact 8416 6333. You can also lodge a general request via CityWatch