Garden guide for new homes
The Garden Guide for New Homes aims to inspire people who are building new homes or extensions to add more greenery and improve the liveability of Adelaide’s neighbourhoods. Through easy to implement garden design ideas the guide also shows ways to address the Planning and Design Code's mandatory tree and landscaping requirements for new homes and renovations in metropolitan Adelaide.
The Adelaide Garden Guide includes:
- A step-by-step plan to improve home gardens when building and renovating
- Top 10 lists for the best trees based on the space available
- Example landscape layouts and designs
- Checklists to ensure new homes and extensions are green friendly
- Case studies to give inspiration for new garden designs
The guide has been developed in partnership with Green Adelaide and State Planning Commission, with expertise from Clover Green Space.