Are you struggling with your finances?
Financial counsellors from Uniting Care Wesley Bowden provide free information, support and advocacy to people in financial difficulty.
Counsellors visit the Hamra Centre Library on alternate Thursday evenings and appointments can be made in two time slots: 4.30pm or 6pm.
To request a booking contact Uniting Care Wesley Bowden.
A financial counsellor may assist with:
- provision of information and referral for low income clients
- provision of information to clients concerning their rights and legal obligations in respect to financial contracts
- advocacy and negotiation on behalf of clients to develop acceptable repayment programs or other agreed options with creditors and government departments
- preparation of a workable budget and assistance for clients to understand their financial situation, and help them develop skills and strategies to address their financial problems.
Please note, financial counsellors cannot:
- offer investment advice
- complete tax returns
- pay your bills
- provide emergency relief or material aid.