Are you struggling with your finances?
Financial counsellors from Uniting Care Wesley Bowden provide free information, support and advocacy to people in financial difficulty.
A counsellor visits the Hamra Centre Library on alternate Thursday evenings at 5pm.
To request a booking contact Uniting Care Wesley Bowden.
A financial counsellor may assist with:
- provision of information and referral for low income clients
- provision of information to clients concerning their rights and legal obligations in respect to financial contracts
- advocacy and negotiation on behalf of clients to develop acceptable repayment programs or other agreed options with creditors and government departments
- preparation of a workable budget and assistance for clients to understand their financial situation, and help them develop skills and strategies to address their financial problems.
Please note, financial counsellors cannot:
- offer investment advice
- complete tax returns
- pay your bills
- provide emergency relief or material aid.