Receive your rates notices electronically
City of West Torrens ratepayers can receive their rate notices online - no more paper accounts!
You have three options on how you can receive your rate notices:
- Paper copy posted via Australia Post (default option).
- Electronic copy sent to your email address through ezybill; or
- Electronic copy sent to your internet banking account via BPay View.
If you prefer to receive your rate notices in the mail, then you don't need to do anything, however if you currently receive your rate notice in the mail but would like to receive them electronically via email or your bank account, select one of the options below and follow the instructions to register.
How to receive your rates notice via email (ezybill)
Receiving your rates notice electronically will make it easier and more convenient for you to manage your payments, save paper, save postage and reduce waste. You'll have your notice available to you on any electronic device and at your fingertips 24/7. Going away on holiday? Need a copy for your tax return? Applying for a new car? No worries! You can access your rates notice in a flash.
To start receiving your rates notices via email, simply register now! Click here and follow the simple steps to set up ezybill.
- Go online westtorrens.ezybill.com.au
- Create your account.
- Register your property.
How to receive your rates notice via BPAY View
Benefits of BPAY View
- Easy access - you can look manage 24/7 via the internet from wherever you are and be notified when a new bill arrives^*.
- Get organised - have a summary of bills and their due date in one place. If you want to view a detailed bill, it’s only a few clicks away.
- Choose how you pay - for your convenience, you can still use BPAY to pay bills received via BPAY View and pay from your bank account, credit card account. You can also pay via any other method your biller allows.
- Pay on time - make payments immediately with BPAY or schedule payments for a later date†.
- Be kind to the environment - cut down on paper by choosing to receive bills online.
How to sign up
- Log into your online banking account.
- Look for the BPAY View or View Bills section.
- Register to receive your City of West Torrens rate notice by entering:
- the BPAY Biller Code - 88567
- your BPAY View registration number - this is your assessment number located in the top right hand corner of your rates notice.
Find out more with this easy how to video.
Terms and conditions
BPAY® and BPAY View® are trademarks of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518.
*Notification options may vary for each Financial Institution. Contact your Financial Institution for further information and terms and conditions. BPAY View is accessible anytime and anywhere you have access to your online, mobile or phone bank.
†Subject to availability of funds.
When registering to receive your rates notices electronically please note:
- Once you are registered the next quarterly rates notice will be delivered via email and paper notices will no longer be issued by postal delivery.
- If you are already registered for BPAYView for your electronic rate notice delivery and you then register for EzyBill you will automatically be deregistered from BPAYView.
- You can still choose to make payment via your preferred payment method (Ezybill is not payment by direct debit)
- If your electronic notice is returned to EzyBill as undeliverable via email a paper copy will be sent to your postal address.
- Reminder notices and legal demand letters will only be issued to your postal address, so please ensure you keep your mailing address updated by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have previously registered with another Council for EzyBill, you can use the same login/signin details for your rates with the City of West Torrens.
- Only the property owner, ratepayer or authorised person can register to receive rates notices by EzyBill. An authorised person is someone who has provided power of attorney documentation to Council. Please note: if you are not the property owner, ratepayer, authorised person or we receive unmatched details your registration will be declined.
- To finalise your registration you will be sent a link to activate the account from email@example.com with the subject EzyBill Account Activation. This link expires four hours from the time of issue. However, there is an option for you to request an updated activation account if you were unable to do it within that timeframe.