Paying your rates
Your rates notice is issued in July each year.
Rates are collected from all businesses and residents within West Torrens to enable the City of West Torrens to manage our city and to provide services to our community.
When you receive your rates notice, you can pay:
- in full by the due date or
- in four quarterly instalments or
- by establishing an online flexible payment plan through Payble® or
- by establishing a payment plan via the 'My Rates' section of our website. Simply select 'Register for this service' and follow the onscreen instructions to organise your personalised payment plan.
Instalment due dates
- First instalment due 1 September 2023
- Second instalment due 1 December 2023
- Third instalment due 1 March 2024
- Fourth instalment due 3 June 2024
If paying by instalment, you will receive a separate notice about 30 days before each payment is due.
Other payment options
Flexible online payment plan - Payble®
Ratepayers have the option to set up their own flexible digital payment plan using Payble®. This provides you with the capacity to make payments that suit your schedule. You can:
- Pay your rates on your own schedule for no extra cost - e.g. weekly, fortnightly, monthly.
- Choose your payment start date.
- Receive SMS notifications before each payment, so there's no surprises.
- Edit your payment at any time.
Login to Payble® here.
You can also:
- pay your rates online
- by BPay - biller code 88567, reference number is the rates assessment number (6 digits)
- at Australia Post offices
- contact council
- in person at the Civic Centre
- setting up a deduction payment plan - select 'My Rates', click 'Register for this Service' then complete registration information.
Ratepayers can apply to us to postpone the payment of their rates if they:
- hold a State Seniors Card or
- are eligible to hold a State Seniors Card and have applied for one.
The property shown on the rates notice must be their principal place of residence and must be owned by the principal ratepayer or the principal ratepayer and their spouse.
How to apply
Complete the Postponement of rates for seniors online form or download the Postponement of rates for seniors form and return it to the City of West Torrens Service Centre.
Ratepayers finding it difficult to pay their rates by the due date may make alternative payment arrangements by contacting us. We treat all enquiries regarding payment changes with strict confidence and privacy.
Why do you need to pay your rates?
- aged care programs
- bicycle tracks
- children's and youth services
- community bus
- community development programs
- community services such as aged care services
- environmental management
- garbage collection and recycling
- health services
- information services
- library services
- on street parking
- parks and gardens
- recreation facilities
- road construction and maintenance
- stormwater drainage
- street lighting
- street trees
- traffic management.
You can download our adopted Annual Budget and Business Plan on this page.