Driveways and crossovers

  •  Downloads 2

Council approval is needed if you plan to install a new driveway or cross-over from the boundary of your property to the road (kerb).

You will also need approval to remove any street trees in the path of the driveway.


All work must be done according to the specification sheets and the conditions set out on the application forms.

  • Download the Guidelines for driveway crossing places.

Applying for approval

When you’re ready to apply complete and submit the relevant application form with the required fee.

If you don’t have approval

You could be fined or face legal action if any damage or injury occurs as a result of unapproved works.

More information

Email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333