Waste to landfill bin (red lid)
Council provides a 140L bin with a red lid for household waste. It is collected weekly.
What goes in your waste to landfill bin
- broken glass (wrapped)
- cling/film wrap
- crockery (wrapped)
- garden hoses
- glossy or coated takeaway paper / cardboard food packaging e.g. coffee and drink cups
- kitty litter: clay and crystal types (wrapped)
- plastic bags
- polystyrene/foam packaging
- polystyrene food or meat trays
- soft plastic packaging: bubble wrap
- vacuum cleaner dust, bagged.
What not to put in ANY bin
- e-waste electronic or electrical items
- liquids (oils, paints, solvents, chemicals)
- hazardous and medical waste e.g. gas bottles, chemicals, paints, insecticides, solvents, varnishes and sharps/needles
- batteries, non-alkaline only
- fluorescent light globes
- building materials e.g. bricks, pavers, concrete, tiles
- hot ash
- soil and rocks.
Our A-Z guide of waste and recycling can provide you with helpful information of how to dispose of these items.