Kooyonga Golf Club, Lockleys
Kooyonga Golf Club was founded by H.L. (Cargie) Rymill, and was officially opened Saturday 9 May 1923. The original Clubhouse was built in 1924 on the site of an old farmhouse named ‘Surrey House’ on land owned by Caleb May. Kooyonga was named under the impression that it was an aboriginal word meaning ‘plenty sand, plenty water’
Access Kooyonga Golf Club items on the West Torrens Library catalogue.
Access the Kooyonga 1923-1983 The story of a golf club / V.M. Branson book through the Kooyonga Golf Club website.