Secondary and tertiary students can apply for work experience with us and gain practical experience and skills within our diverse organisation.
If you're exploring career options, work experience with us can help you discover your areas of interest.
Find out about our departments and the types of jobs at Council.
Please note: The City of West Torrens is a COVID-19 vaccinated workplace. In the event you are successful in gaining a student placement with the City of West Torrens, you will be required to provide evidence of your 'up to date' vaccination status.
Work experience placements
Placements are unpaid and all students must be:
- registered with a recognised secondary school or tertiary institution
- covered for personal insurance, public liability and professional indemnity.
For students from a secondary school / educational facility a Work Experience Agreement Form must be signed by the student, and between the relevant educational facility and the City of West Torrens.
For students from a tertiary educational facility must provide a copy of the current insurance policy held by their relevant tertiary educational facility.
Work experience students undertake a departmental induction on their first day.
How to apply
Applications must be made in writing directly to People and Culture and contain the following:
- contact details: full address and contact name and phone numbers
- the type of work experience you are looking for/department of interest
- dates for the work experience period
- the name of your school/college with a contact name and phone number of the establishment
- proof of personal insurance and public liability coverage.
Note: provision of work experience to students is subject to the availability, time constraints and workloads of staff.