The Thebarton Community Centre, located on the corner of South Road and Ashwin Parade, Torrensville (car park entrance via South Road) offers a flexible space for hire. The Centre can be used by a number of hirers at the same time.
- You need to book to use the Thebarton Community Centre. Advance bookings are recommended particularly for weekends.
- To make a booking you must be over 18 years of age.
- You will need to pay a deposit to hold your booking.
- If you cancel you will not lose your deposit but you may need to pay a cancellation fee.
- To apply for a booking date please complete and return the application form (schedule a)
- Please take some time to read the terms and conditions (schedule c) and return the signed section with your application form.
- High risk bookings (schedule D).
Returning your completed form
You may return your completed application form and signed terms and conditions to:
City of West Torrens
165 Sir Donald Bradman Drive
Hilton SA 5033
Please note: If community and/or ‘not for profit’ groups wish to use the Thebarton Community Centre on a regular weekend basis (and can be accommodated) then they will be required to pay the relevant private/corporate rate to do so. Regular bookings only be guaranteed for a four week period at a time.
Bookings for 2019
Booking dates for 2018 for hirers open on the 1st October 2018 - dates cannot be held tentatively and completed applications will not be accepted prior to this date.
All applications must be sent to email@example.com or 165 Sir Donald Bradman Drive Hilton SA 5033 in the first instance.
- large foyer area with outlook to Kings Reserve.
- two large halls and four meeting rooms
- kitchen/bar and tea areas.
- acoustic separation from heavy traffic on South Road.
- bus drop off access.
- car parking facility for 120 cars (off South Road).
Click on the floorplan to view photos for that room
What activities can be held at the Centre?
- anniversaries and engagements
- birthday parties
- christenings, baptisms & naming parties
- community event
- community meetings
- corporate training
- craft activities
- family gatherings
- health and fitness programs
- large functions
- sporting events
- wakes & funeral suppers
Availability for hire?
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 3am
Friday to Sunday, 8am to 4am.
Prices for hiring the Centre vary. You will also need to pay a refundable bond.
Please note: All hires from 5pm Friday until 8am Monday are considered private hire and the appropriate fee will apply. Requests to waive fees will not be considered.
Download the schedule of facilities and hire fees.
You can choose your own caterer or do you own catering.
A dishwasher is provided for your use.
If you are a regular hirer of the centre you will need to have public liability insurance to the minimum value of $20 million.
Viewing the Thebarton Community Centre
You can view the centre on weekdays between 8.30am to 3.30pm
You will need to promote your event yourself.
Community events can be listed on this site. Promote your event by completing our online form.
Email the Service Centre or call 8352 8224.
We'd love to hear about your experience at the Thebarton Community Centre via our online feedback form.