Cummins House was built in 1842 for Sir John Morphett and his wife Elizabeth, daughter of Adelaide’s first Residential Commissioner, James Hurtle Fisher. The house originally stood on 132 acres of working farmland on which orchards, vines and olive groves and a variety of local and imported trees were tended. The property also farmed sheep and held a well-known horse stud.
Today the house and grounds are lovingly preserved to give visitors a strong sense of the history and lives of one of Adelaide’s founding families. The grounds of Cummins House are established as one of Adelaide’s premier locations for garden wedding ceremonies and receptions, high teas, family functions, corporate seminars and cocktail parties. The house is heritage listed and under the guardianship of the City of West Torrens.
Tours are held every first and third Sunday of the month, from 2pm - 4pm, with the exception of December and January and Easter Sunday.
Find out more information