Staging an event in West Torrens
For COVID-19 information effecting activities and gatherings on City of West Torrens parks and reserves - including the requirement for some events to have COVID Safe and/or SA Health approved COVID Management Plans please see covid-19.sa.gov.au.
If you're considering organising and staging an event in any West Torrens parks, reserves or ovals, please complete and submit the Staging an event enquiry form.
Depending on the infrastructure, entertainment and attractions planned for your event, you may require specific permits and licences. Permits ensure public safety and amenity in public spaces and assist in the sustainable management of our parks and gardens.
You will need a permit if one or more of these conditions apply:
- There will be 15 attendees or more.
- You plan to erect infrastructure (for example, a marquee) and/or use a PA system.
- Your event is catered by an external supplier.
- You are planning to book entertainers, amusements or animals for your event.
- You require temporary road closures or temporary parking controls (generally only applies to large events or festivals).
- You require vehicle access to drop off equipment.
- You are charging participants a fee.
If none of the above apply to your event you do not require a permit to use our public outdoor spaces.
Please note the following approval times are minimum requirements:
- 15-50 (allow 2 weeks for approval)
- 50-100 (allow 4 weeks for approval)
- 100-500 (allow 6 weeks for approval)
- 500-1000 (allow 8 weeks for approval)
- 1000 + (allow 12 weeks for approval).
You can also download our event information kit, which provides 'best practice' guidelines to help make your event successful and safe. Please follow this link if you are enquiring about a booking for a Community Centre.
Permit fees and charges apply per Local Government land Bylaw 2 and the City of West Torrens Fees and Charges Register. You are welcome to contact Council's Events Coordinator on 8416 6333 to discuss the fees that may apply to your proposed event. Permit terms and conditions can be viewed here.
- If you wish to have your event on a reserve or oval owned by Council, there may be restrictions at certain times of the year due to sporting club commitments and leases.
- The West Torrens Memorial Garden is primarily used to remember/commemorate those within the West Torrens community that participated and/or gave their lives in theatres of conflict. The Garden is used to conduct Council events but this space is not available for organised community events.
- Up-to-date information on current open space redevelopments can be found on the news section of this website.
Some helpful information can be found in our Staging an event in West Torrens guide.