Help us decorate the 2023 Community Christmas Tree
Published on 31 August 2023
We would love you to help us decorate the giant West Torrens Community Christmas Tree.
The theme for 2023 is re-purpose, reuse, recycle.
- Re-purpose unwanted clothing, fabric and wool.
- Reuse old Christmas decorations or small toys to make something new.
- Recycle plastic bottles and lids into decorations.
Size: Minimum 5cm x 5cm, maximum 15cm x 15cm.
Materials: Fabric, wool, felt, string, plastic etc - no glass and no paper, cardboard or organic matter unless weatherproofed.
Drop off your handmade decorations to Hamra Centre Library, 1 Brooker Terrace, Hilton by Wednesday 22 November.
Get Christmas crafty with us
- Join the upcycled decoration making sessions on Wednesday 11 October, 25 October and 8 November, 2pm - 3pm.
Venue: Library reading table, Hamra Centre Library.
- Visit the Hamra Centre Library's Craft and Art Space for upcycled decoration making sessions.
Monday 9 October, 3pm - 5.30pm
Thursday 12 October, 10.30am - 1pm
Monday 16 October, 3pm - 5.30pm
Thursday 19 October, 10.30am - 1pm.
- Participate in the School Holiday program Christmas decoration making lessons. Details will be released in the coming weeks.
- Make decorations at home. Here's some links to some fun, creative and sustainable ideas:
Upcycled ornaments to make from old clothes.
Plastic jar lanterns.