These resources are available to our members. All you need to log in is your library barcode number and PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN, or aren't sure of your library barcode number, you can reset your PIN / recover your barcode here (if you have an email address registered in your library account). Alternatively, contact us on 8416 6228.
Click here for information on eBooks & eAudiobooks and eMagazines & eNewspapers.
- learning games for 3 to 6 year olds
- designed for early learners of all aptitudes and abilities
- popular and fun for kids.
Explore Busy Things
Online Maths learning for kids
10monkeys.com is a math learning tool to help 6 to 10 year old kids learn basic mathematical skills in a fun game-like environment. It has:
- more than 200 math challenges in 7 categories: understanding numbers, addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and verbal and money-related calculations
- light-hearted score sheet for stars and badges and monkey level.
Log on to 10Monkeys.com
Story Box Library
Enjoy story time, any time.
Story Box Library allows children to view stories online that are read aloud by numerous storytellers.
The Story Box Library:
- is a continually expanding library of enchanting, entertaining storytelling segments
- has Australian content to inspire pre-schoolers and primary school aged children
- has a range of short films that enable children to discover the creative process behind the books
- has a related ‘at home activity’ for some stories
- has captions option available with each story.
Log on to Story Box Library
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, comics, music, movies, and TV shows
- Instant borrowing means no holds and no waiting
- Audiobooks, comics, and eBooks are available for up to 21 days
- Movies and TV episodes are available for up to 3 days; some limitations apply to some titles
- Music albums are available for up to 7 days
- Borrow 10 items per month.
Please read the Hoopla: Getting started guide and Hoopla for iOS and Android.
My Health and Wellbeing
My Health and Wellbeing is a State Government online resource with links to popular health web sites for general health information.
Remember your doctor is the best source of diagnosis and treatment advice.
Log on to My Health and Wellbeing
For students from Years 3 to 12, TAFE or University.
Studiosity connects students to qualified expert tutors for individual real-time conversations about:
- home work
- exam preparation
- study questions.
*Available to West Torrens residents only.
Log on to Studiosity
Kanopy provides free on-demand streaming access to more than 30,000 films and shows, including:
- award-winning documentaries
- rare and hard-to-find titles
- film festival favourites
- indie and classic films
- world cinema.
Kanopy is available by website browser on any computer or device, or as an app on Apple and Android phones and tablets, Amazon Fire tablets, AppleTV, AndroidTV, Chromecast, Roku, and Amazon FireTV.
You receive 30 tickets each month. Your tickets reset on the first of each month.
The number of tickets per title varies, as does the period of access. See these details next to the play button of each film/show. Films appear on your Continue Watching list with the remaining time in your access period.
Kanopy Kids will not use your tickets - so feel free to watch as much children's content as you like.
You must be over 13 years of age to join Kanopy.
Access the Kanopy guide.
Learn relevant, professional skills on LinkedIn Learning
- 16,000+ online courses in 7 languages
- expert Instructors with real-world experience
- new courses added each week!
Courses cover: leadership, project management, mental wellness, sales, job hunting, information technology, marketing, visual arts, and much more. Some courses are available in languages other than English.
LinkedIn Learning also has a handy app. When logging into the LinkedIn Learning app for the first time users will be asked for an email address or Library ID. When prompted, users need to enter “sapln”.
Following this, users just enter their library barcode number and PIN.
Please read the LinkedIn Learning: Getting Started Guide.
Visit LinkedIn Learning
Ancestry Library Edition
Did you know that you can access Ancestry.com for free with your library card?
Ancestry provides access to an extensive range of genealogical resources from the United States and United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records. It also provides limited Australian coverage.
Log on to Ancestry
Road to IELTS
Library members have access to a free online self-study preparation course, 'Road to IELTS' (International English Language Testing System). Two modules are available, General Training and Academic. Road to IELTS is produced by the British Council to help candidates prepare for the IELTS exam.
Log on to Road to IELTS