Grow it Local
Grow it Local is a grassroots program which seeks to increase community participation and awareness around growing produce locally in a range of settings, from large backyards to balconies and even windowsills.
Green Adelaide has subsidised the cost of the program for councils for a limited time, providing residents across West Torrens with free access to information, presentations and resources during this period.
The purpose is to:
- Make growing more accessible;
- Increase the production and consumption of locally grown foods;
- Provide a connection to nature;
- Inspire positive health and wellbeing;
- Help build stronger and more resilient communities; and
- Increase composting and reduce organic waste to landfill.
Join your local grow community where you can learn to grow, connect and share with others online. Get access to regular online workshops with experts including Paul West from River Cottage Australia - it's free!