Your rates notice is issued in July every year. It can be paid:
- in full by the due date or
- in four quarterly instalment.
Paying by instalment
- First instalment due 1 September 2017
- Second instalment due 1 December 2017
- Third instalment due 1 March 2018
- Fourth instalment due 1 June 2018
If paying by instalment you’ll receive a separate notice about 30 days before each payment is due.
How to make your payments
There are a number of ways rates can be paid. These are:
Rate payments must be received on or before the due date shown on the rates notice. If payments are late:
- we must charge a two per cent fine under state government legislation
- further interest is added each month until full payment is received.
Legal action may also be taken without further notice being provided.
For more information about payment of your rates notice email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333.
If you’re an eligible pensioner you can apply for a state government rate concession.
Apply for a concession online from the Department of Communities and Social inclusion or freecall the Concessions Hotline 1800 307 758.
You can also email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333.
If you’re not eligible for a rates concession the full amount shown on your rates notice must be paid.
Please note: as of 1 July 2015 there will be no concessions available to pensioners and self-funded retirees. Find out more information here.
the Service Centre
Email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333.