- Permanent full-time
- Salary: $33.61 per hour or $66,417 per annum + superannuation
- 9 day fortnight
- Based at North Plympton, SA
Work with us
As a medium sized metropolitan Council in South Australia, the City of West Torrens (CWT) offers you a chance to make a difference to the lives of residents in the community.
We are large enough that we offer learning opportunities to support you in your role, and we're small enough so that you're not just 'one of a number'.
With around 250 staff across various divisions, there is always something new happening and projects to be involved in.
What you'll do
In order for us to provide important services to our community, our City Operations team need a variety of plant and equipment to undertake daily tasks. With around 200 items of plant in our fleet, it's vital that they are correctly maintained, serviced and replaced.
We're currently looking for a Senior Mechanic to manage the servicing and maintenance of our fleet, plant and equipment to ensure they function efficiently, safely and meet manufacturer's standards and specifications.
In this role you'll be given the chance to:
- undertake service and repairs to vehicles, including heavy plant and equipment
- conduct vehicle inspections and ensure that vehicles are maintained on schedule
- perform fault diagnostics and schedule maintenance and repairs
- provide technical advice when purchasing new plant and equipment.
It's important that you have record-keeping skills as all services and repairs undertaken (both major and minor equipment) must be documented.
Who you are
We're looking for someone who is dependable, motivated, can undertake heavy manual work and has a high level of Work, Health and Safety. If this sounds like you, you could be a great addition to our team. As this role is very hands-on, you must be able to adapt to changing situations as they arise.
The inherent essential qualifications /requirements of this position you must hold the following:
- Certificate III Mechanic
- Class MR drivers licence
- High risk forklift licence
- At least five years' experience within a civil works heavy machinery environment
- Current national police clearance
- A plant and equipment operating qualification is also necessary.
So are you interested?
If you can picture yourself working with our City Operations team and you have the ability for some out of hours work when needed, click on the position description to find out more about this opportunity.
Additional information can be obtained from Lio D'Amico, Coordinator Fleet and Facility Support, on 8416 6361.
To apply please click on the 'Apply Now' button above. When applying for the role, please include a cover letter and a resume so we can get to know a bit more about you. This job needs to suit you as much as you need to suit us.
Applications close at 5:00pm Monday 13 December 2021.