Community Safety Officer - Position No: 1133 & 1344
- 2 positions
- Permanent Full Time
- Salary: $70,782.52 to $76,491.22
- Rostered Day Off per month
- Based at Hilton, SA
Work with us
As a medium sized metropolitan Council in South Australia, the City of West Torrens (CWT) offers you a chance to make a difference to the lives of residents in the community.
We are large enough that we offer learning opportunities to support you in your role, and we're small enough so that you're not just 'one of a number'.
With around 250 staff across various divisions, there is always something new happening and projects to be involved in.
What you'll do
As our Community Safety Officer in our Regulatory Services Team, you'll be out and about on operational patrol and be responsible for the efficient and effective management of community safety issues in West Torrens.
In this role you will undertake a variety of duties including:
- enforcing the provisions of the Road Traffic Act, Australian Road Rules and Private Parking Areas Act including identifying and rectifying any inappropriate use of roads and footpaths and enforcing breaches of parking restrictions
- investigating fire hazards, overgrown vegetation and nuisance reports
- responding to reports of dogs wandering at large and attacks
- investigating and collating evidence in order to provide statements and written reports
- positively contribute to the success of the organisation's culture
- adequately manage corporate records according to CWT policies, procedures and legislation.
As this role is community-focussed, you will promote a positive and professional image of CWT by providing friendly and professional service in a courteous and prompt manner.
Who you are
If you're a dependable and motivated team player with an interpersonal style that builds trust and credibility, you'd be a great addition to our Regulatory Services' team.
You will have strong problem solving and decision-making skills as well as demonstrated experience in a similar regulatory environment and be excited about joining a dynamic team.
The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and understanding of the obligations placed on Local Government in administering, educating, enforcing and achieving legislative community safety and a general understanding of regulatory services.
You will have strong documentation, record keeping and report writing skills
In addition you must hold a Class C Drivers Licence and National Police Clearance.
So are you interested?
If you can picture yourself as our Community Safety Officer, click on the position description to find out more about this opportunity.
Additional information can be obtained from Jasmine Kappler, Senior Community Safety Officer telephone 8416 6339.
To apply please click on the above "Apply Now" button. When applying for the role, please include a cover letter and a resume so we can get to know a bit more about you. This job needs to suit you as much as you need to suit us.
Applications close 5.00pm Monday 1 November 2021