- Permanent full time contract
- 3 vacancies
- 9 day fortnight
- Salary: Level CWT4 - CWT5 - $65,079 - $66,769 per annum
- Plus superannuation and annual leave loading
- Based at 240 Morphett Road North Plympton SA
Work with us
As a medium sized metropolitan Council in South Australia, the City of West Torrens (CWT) offers you a chance to make a difference to the lives of residents in the community.
We are large enough that we offer learning opportunities to support you in your role, and we're small enough so that you're not just 'one of a number'.
With around 250 staff across various divisions, there is always something new happening and projects to be involved in.
What you'll do
As our Arboriculture Worker within our City Operations' Team, you'll have the chance to establish important connections with our diverse community, visitors and contractors. You will be responsible for providing high level Arboriculture work in a team that is focused on quality service.
In this role you will undertake a variety of duties including:
- Pruning and removal of trees to provide high quality arboriculture maintenance in accordance with Australian Standards in road verges, streetscapes and reserves.
- Tree planting, staking, mulching, watering and general maintenance of street and reserve trees.
- Other general arboriculture and horticulture maintenance duties.
- Assessing the pruning and removal requirements of trees to provide high quality arboriculture maintenance in accordance with Australia standards.
- Undertake works programs, new projects, to plans and specifications in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
- When required, be responsible for:
- Leading a small to medium size work group.
- Planning and coordinating work.
- Training employees, including apprentices.
As this role is service-focussed, you will promote a positive and professional image of CWT by providing friendly and professional service in a courteous and prompt manner.
Who you are
If you're dependable and motivated with the ability to encourage and support an industrious, harmonious and team-oriented work group, you'd be a great addition to our City Operations' team.
As you will be providing leadership to your team, it's important that you have excellent interpersonal and time management skills and an ability to prioritise tasks across a range of areas. You'll also need the ability to manage and train staff, apprentices, trainees and casual staff to develop work skills and increase efficiency.
As a minimum, you must hold the following essential qualifications as outlined in the attached position description ie:
- Current Class MR driver's licence
- Certificate III or higher trade qualification in Horticulture specialising in Arboriculture
- Current Work Zone Traffic Management certificate
- Qualifications and/or competencies with standard arboriculture/horticulture plant equipment and;
- Current National Police Clearance
The CWT is a COVID-19 vaccinated workplace.
If you are successful in gaining employment with the council you will be required to provide evidence of your 'up to date' vaccination status consistent with the advice in the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation statement - refer to ATAGI statement on defining 'up to date' status for COVID-19 vaccination
So are you interested?
If you can picture yourself working with our City Operations' team, click on the position description to find out more about this opportunity.
Additional information can be obtained from Rick Johnston, Coordinator Horticulture Services, on (08) 8416 6366.
To apply please click on the above "Apply Now" button.
When applying for the role, please include a cover letter and a resume so we can get to know a bit more about you. This job needs to suit you as much as you need to suit us.
Applications close 5:00pm Monday 18th July 2022