Mellor Park Reserve
In order to help meet the growing needs of our community and provide better and more user-friendly spaces, the City of West Torrens is upgrading, and has upgraded, a number of larger recreational spaces in West Torrens, including Camden Park, Mellor Park, Apex Park, Lockleys Oval, Kings Reserve and Weigall Oval.
Mellor Park Reserve upgrade
Funding was received from the Federal Government - Building our Future Community Development Fund, to support the Mellor Park Reserve upgrade.
The upgrade included:
- demolition of the former Lockleys RSL Building, the former Windsor Theatre building and the Mellor Park Tennis Clubroom building
- new on-site car parking off Henley Beach Road
- reduction of the number of tennis courts from two public access and four club courts to one public access plus one 3-on-3 basketball court
- upgrade to public toilet facilities
- a new junior and senior playspace (additional junior equipment expected July 2022)
- new boce piste
- landscaping and return to green space.
Further, a number of complementary elements will be installed/upgraded on site over the next 12 months including:
- the construction of a memorial to recognise the former Lockleys RSL Sub-branch and Memorial Hall association with the site
- improved access to the former Lockleys Senior Citizens facility and former Child and Family Health Service building to allow for public use.
Mellor Park Reserve concept plan
We apologise for any inconvenience during the construction periods of these projects and will endeavour to keep you updated on the closure times via our website and social media channels.