Each year the City of West Torrens, with the assistance of Australian Taxation Office (ATO) accredited community volunteers, offers free tax help for those in need
ATO volunteers can help local residents with their tax and assist in lodging returns online.
People are eligible for free tax help if their income was around $60,000 or less and they did not:
- work as a contractor - e.g. cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
Tax help is available each Wednesday at the Hamra Centre Library, 1 Brooker Terrace, Hilton, until 31 October 2018. Bookings are essential by contacting Shannon on 8416 6333.