We're excited to announce the Native Plant Giveaway is back! To ensure everyone's health and safety during COVID-19 however, it will operate a little differently from previous years.
The Native Plant Giveaway provides plant packs to local residents to improve the sustainability of gardens in the City of West Torrens. Each pack contains a variety of local native plants which are drought tolerant and provide a source of food and habitat for local wildlife.
It's a great way to improve your garden while social distancing at home, as well as contribute towards preserving biodiversity across the region.
How to get your free plant pack
Complete the Eventbrite registration form and select a time frame that suits you for collection.
Once you have done this, simply come to the Hamra Centre Library, 1 Brooker Tce, Hilton and collect your plants from the 'Click, Call and Collect' area on the southern exterior of the building. You can even drive through the collection point by entering from Brooker Terrace.
You will need to provide proof of residency with either a rates notice or a valid licence.
*Please note that you can only collect your plant pack during your selected time frame as we will have limited packs on hand at any time. As the situation unfolds with COVID-19, changes may need to be made to this process but we will be sure to inform you as soon as possible if this happens.
Available dates and times:
- Tuesday 23 June 2020, 10am-2pm
- Wednesday 24 June 2020, 12pm-4pm
- Thursday 25 June 2020, 10am-2pm
- Friday 26 June 2020, 9am-12pm
- Monday 29 June 2020, 11am-2pm
- Wednesday 1 July 2020, 9am-12pm
- Friday 3 July 2020, 12pm-4pm.
For queries, contact Amy on 8416 6333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share your gardening adventures using #CWTRaiseUsUp
Terms and conditions
- Limit of one pack per household
- Open to West Torrens residents only. To be eligible, you will need to present proof of residency within West Torrens with a current rates notice or licence. This will be required to be presented at the time of collecting the plant packs.
As plant stocks are limited, Council will not be held responsible if you are unable to obtain a pack due to the unavailability of stock.