Are you a keen recycler or composter? Are you passionate about reducing waste?
Would you like the chance to engage with the local community and help influence others?
Our Waste Management Team is currently searching for people to volunteer and help reduce waste from public events and/or doorknock an area involved in a trial related to food waste recycling.
What might you do?
- Act as a 'bin buddy' at a waste station and assist patrons with the correct use of the bin system in use.
- Assist with waste and recycling games which are intended to educate the public.
- Assist with setting up or packing up at larger-scale events.
- Direct the public as required.
Volunteers may be required to attend between 2 - 8 events per year, depending upon the volunteer pool available, and undertake induction and training. The events requiring bin buddies generally occur between September and May each year.
- Walk streets in a neighbourhood to encourage residents to participate in a trial in 2020 to increase diversion of food waste from landfill.
More information about volunteering and how you can become involved can be found here