People can collect a pack of free disposable face masks, provided by SA Health, from a number of Council locations. While wearing face masks is not mandatory, it can provide another physical barrier against the spread of COVID-19.
Masks are available from:
- City of West Torrens Civic Centre, 165 Sir Donald Bradman Drive, Hilton
- Hamra Centre Library, 1 Brooker Terrace, Hilton
- Thebarton Community Centre, corner Ashwin Parade and South Road, Torrensville.
- Mobile Library, various locations
Used disposable face masks must be disposed of in a bin with a liner or put in a bag before being disposed of in the trash bin. Disposable face masks cannot be put in the recycle bin.
More information about face masks, wearing etc can be found on the SA Health website.
QR Code access
When visiting Council buildings you will be required to scan a QR code on your smartphone, or sign in using the attendance sheets. You will need to download/update the mySA GOV app on your smartphone to scan the code. Places you will need to scan the QR code include:
- Civic Centre
- Hamra Centre Library (not mandatory)
- Mobile Library
- Community Centres - Thebarton, Plympton.
Access services remotely
You don't have to visit our Civic Centre to do business. You can do most of this online.