Are you struggling with your finances?
Uniting Care Wesley Bowden (UCWB) financial counsellors provide free information, support and advocacy to people in financial difficulty. Appointments, with a fully accredited financial counsellor, are available either face to face (at the Hamra Centre Library) or by phone, on Thursday evenings (fortnightly) from 6 - 7pm or 7 - 8pm. Appointments can be made by contacting the Library on 8416 6228, or booking through Eventbrite.
This service is provided by Uniting Care Wesley Bowden and the West Torrens Library Service.
A financial counsellor may assist with:
- Provision of information and referral for low income clients.
- Provision of information to clients concerning their rights and legal obligations in respect to financial contracts.
- Advocacy and negotiation on behalf of clients to develop acceptable repayment programs or other agreed options with creditors and government departments.
- Preparation of a workable budget and assistance for clients to understand their financial situation, and help them develop skills and strategies to address their financial problems.
Please note, financial counsellors cannot:
- Offer investment advice.
- Complete tax returns.
- Pay your bills.
- Provide emergency relief or material aid.
How to make an appointment
- Book online.
- Make enquiries at the library information desk.
- Telephone 8416 6228.