- Council provides a 140 litre waste to landfill bin for household waste.
- The waste to landfill bin has a red lid.
When is it collected?
What goes in your waste to landfill bin
- broken glass (wrapped)
- cling/film wrap
- crockery (wrapped)
- garden hoses
- glossy or coated takeaway paper / cardboard food packaging eg. coffee and drink cups.
- kitty litter: clay and crystal types (wrapped)
- plastic bags
- polystyrene/foam packaging
- polystyrene food or meat trays
- soft plastic packaging: bubble wrap
What not to put in ANY bin
- e-waste electronic or electrical items
- liquids (oils, paints, solvents, chemicals)
- hazardous and medical waste eg. gas bottles, chemicals, paints, insecticides, solvents, varnishes and sharps / needles.
- batteries, non-alkaline only.
- fluorescent light globes
- building materials eg. bricks, pavers, concrete, tiles.
- hot ash
- soil and rocks