When is it collected?
Only place items that can be composted in your organics bin.'If it didn't grow it doesn't go'.
What goes into your organics bin
Find out more about food scraps recycling
- food scraps
- cut flowers
- hair - human and pet
- kitty litter - compostable only
- lawn clippings
- nappies - compostable only
- pet poo
- small branches up to 15cm wide x 60cm long
What not to put in your organics bin
- dirt, sand or soil
- garden and other tools
- household waste
- irrigation hoses
- kitty litter - clay and crystal types
- nappies - note: only those that can be composted can be placed in your organics bin
- painted or treated timber
- plant pots and trays
- plastic of any kind
- rocks and stones.