The three bin system
The three bin system consists of:
The recycling and organics bins are collected on alternate weeks.
Putting your bins out
You can use our interactive Bin notification page to determine which bins you should put out each week.
How to ensure your bins are emptied
- Put your bins out by 6am on collection day
- Face each bin towards the road - wheels towards the house
- Place bins at least 30 cms apart
- Place bins 1 metre from parked cars, trees, stobie poles and letter boxes
- Place the right items in the right bin
- Be sure your waste is not packed too tightly
- Keep the weight under 50kg
- Don't overfill – the lid must be able to close
Bring your bins in within 24 hours of collection.
If your bin was not emptied when put out for collection, contact the Waste Enquiry Line on 8295 5077 between 7am and 6pm.
If your bin has been damaged, contact the Waste Enquiry Line on 8295 5077 between 7am and 6pm.
Bins are the property of Council and should not be removed if you relocate or sell your home.
No bins at your new property?
If there are no bins at the property when you move in, contact the Waste Enquiry Line on 8295 5077 between 7am and 6pm.
- If the property is being demolished, contact Council on 8416 6333 to arrange for the bins with Council's logo to be collected.
- They will be returned to the property once it is occupied.
- Bins with no logo are to remain at the property.
Solo Resource Recovery
181 Morphett Road
North Plympton SA 5037
Phone 8295 5077
Email Solo Resource Recovery
Map will be shown here