As a result of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Council determined on Friday 20 March 2020 that bookings will no longer be taken for any buildings or open spaces within West Torrens. We will keep you updated as circumstances change.
Please do not submit event enquiries at this time.
Up to date information on the COVID-19 public health emergency can be viewed at the Australian Government Department of Health website.
When the public health emergency is declared over you may complete the form below to enquire about holding an event in Council's open spaces in West Torrens.
If you're considering organising and staging an event on any of City of West Torrens' parks, reserves or ovals please complete and submit the online form below.
Depending on the infrastructure, entertainment and attractions planned for your event you may require specific permits and licences. Permits ensure public safety and amenity in public spaces and assist in the sustainable management of our parks and gardens.
You will need a permit if one or more of these conditions apply:
- There will be 15 attendees or more.
- You plan to erect infrastructure (for example, a marquee) and/or use a PA system.
- Your event is catered by an external supplier.
- You are planning to book entertainers, amusements or animals for your event.
- You require temporary road closures or temporary parking controls (generally only applies to large events or festivals).
- You require vehicle access to drop off equipment.
- You are charging participants a fee.
If none of the above apply to your event you do not require a permit to use Council's outdoor spaces.
You can also download our event information kit, which provides 'best practice' guidelines to help make your event successful and safe. If you are enquiring about a booking for Thebarton Community Centre, please visit that section of our website.
Permit fees and charges apply per Local Government land Bylaw 2 and the City of West Torrens Fees and Charges Register. You are welcome to contact Council's Events Coordinator on 8416 6333 to discuss the fees that may apply to your proposed event. Permit terms and conditions can be viewed here .
- If you wish to have your event on a City of West Torrens' reserve or oval there may be restrictions at certain times of the year due to sporting club commitments and leases.
- The West Torrens Memorial Gardens are primarily used to remember/commemorate those persons within the City of West Torrens community that participated and/or gave their lives in theatres of conflict. The Gardens are used to conduct Council events but this space is not available for organised community events.
- Up to date information on current open space redevelopments can be found in the news section of this website.
Some helpful information can be found in our Staging an event in West Torrens guide.