UPDATE: Read the latest update regarding our response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Read more.
- 120 learning games for 3 to 6 year olds
- designed for early learners of all aptitudes and abilities
- popular and fun for kids.
Explore Busy Things
Online Maths learning for kids
10monkeys.com is a math learning tool to help 6-10 year old kids learn basic mathematical skills in a fun game-like environment. It has:
- More than 200 math challenges in 7 categories: understanding numbers, addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and verbal and money-related calculations
- Four easily adjustable skill levels
- Four fun themes to choose from: jungle, beach, safari and space
- Light-hearted score sheet for stars and badges and monkey level.
Log on to 10Monkeys.com
Enjoy story time, any time
Story Box Library has been created for children to view stories online, that are read aloud by a range of fantastic storytellers.
- Continually expanding library of enchanting, entertaining storytelling segments
- Australian content to inspire pre-schoolers & primary school aged children
- Range of short films that enable children to discover the creative process behind the books
- Related ‘At Home Activity’ for each story
- Captions option available with each story
Log on to Story Box Library
My Health and Wellbeing is a state government online resource with links to popular health web sites for general health information.
Remember your doctor is the best source of diagnosis and treatment advice.
Log on to My Health and Wellbeing
For students from year 3 to 12, TAFE or University.
Studiosity connects students to qualified expert tutors for individual real-time conversations about:
- home work
- exam preparation
- study questions.
*Available to West Torrens residents only.
Usage restrictions as of October 2019:
Due to unprecedented demand, West Torrens Studiosity users will be restricted to 5 sessions in each 6 month period; July to December 2019 and January to June 2020.
Log on to Studiosity
Kanopy provides free on-demand streaming access to more than 30,000 films, including:
- rare and hard-to-find titles,
- film festival favourites,
- indie and classic films, and
- world cinema.
Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV or Chromecast.
Access the Kanopy guide.
Note: There is a limit of 10 movies (10 play credits) per month. Movies can be watched an unlimited number of times within 3 days of first streaming a title. Play credits are reset on the 1st of each month. Users of Kanopy need to be 13 years or older.
lyndaLibrary is a web-based video service offering top quality courses and video tutorials on the latest commercial software, and creative and business skills.
- More than 3000 top quality courses and 136,000 video tutorials.
- Course topics include business management, leadership, marketing, multimedia, design, web development, music, animation, photography and more.
- lyndaLibrary FAQ.pdf
Please be advised that the scheduled upgrade of lyndaLibrary to LinkedIn Learning for Library has been suspended for an undetermined period of time. This decision has been made by the vendor, and applies to all customers globally and not just to the SA Public Library Network. It has been made in response to concerns raised by libraries regarding patron’s privacy and the need for a LinkedIn account for authentication.
Did you know that you can access Ancestry.com for free with your library card?
Ancestry provides access to an extensive range of genealogical resources from the United States and United Kingdom, including census, vital, church, court, and immigration records. It also provides limited Australian coverage.
Ordinarily, Ancestry Library Edition is only available on the computers within the Library, however due to the COVID-19 pandemic, access is now available remotely (e.g. on your home computer) until 31 May 2020. You can access it here. Log in with your library card number and PIN, then select 'Ancestry Library' from the list.
Log on to Ancestry
Library members have access to a free online self-study preparation course, Road to IELTS. Two modules are available, General Training and Academic. Road to IELTS is produced by the British Council to help candidates prepare for the IELTS exam (International English Language Testing System).
Log on to IELTS