We've resumed normal opening hours for the Hamra Centre Library and some of our programs have started up again. Please see our Activities and Events for details of running programs.
Our Mobile Library Service has also resumed its normal operational hours. Click here for more information and to see the timetable.
Please read the following information before visiting the Hamra Centre Library.
While visiting the Hamra Centre
- Have your Library card ready so you can borrow items.
- Adhere to the 1.5m physical distancing rule.
- Do not visit if you have a cough, fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or other flu or cold like symptoms.
- Do not visit if you have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19 or if you are required to self-isolate for any other reason.
What's currently available
- Browse and borrow
- Public computers and laptops
- Printing and copying
- Scanning and faxing
- Toy Library
- Some face-to-face programs
Online live Baby Time, Toddler Time and Story Time sessions
To view these check out our Facebook page.
Home Library service
Our Home Library Service has been expanded to include those residents who are vulnerable and isolated due to COVID-19. Contact us on 8416 6228 to see if you are eligible.
Our online services are available as usual. These include:
Returning library items
You can return most library items to the Hamra Centre Library using the external returns chute. Our external returns chute is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note that certain items i.e. toys, kits, costumes, sporting equipment and games (including jigsaws and board games) cannot be returned through the chute; these need to be returned inside the Library.
What's currently unavailable
- Justice of the Peace Service
- Most face-to-face programs
For more information
The Library can be contacted at 8416 6228 or by email at email@example.com