We provide a 240 litre yellow lid bin for your household recycling.
This bin is emptied from the kerb in front of your home on the same day as your red lid bin once every two weeks.
What can go in your yellow lid recycling bin
Paper and cardboard including
- junk mail
- egg cartons
- cardboard boxes - flattened.
Liquid paperboard cartons (domestic quantities only) including
- milk and custard cartons
- juice cartons
- soup and stock cartons.
All rigid plastic containers including
- drink bottles
- detergent bottles
- yoghurt containers
- ice cream containers
- margarine containers
- biscuit trays
- plant pots and seedling trays: cleaned.
- Empty aluminium and steel cans, aerosol containers
- Glass bottles and jars.
Remove lids from jars, bottles and plastic containers and put these in your red lid bin.
Plastic lids can be recycled if they are placed inside a clean plastic bottle
- collect hard plastic lids and small plastic items such as bread tags in a plastic milk bottle
- when full, place the container in the recycling bin
- plastic lids that don't fit inside the bottle can be placed in the waste bin.
A steel lid can be placed inside a steel can and the top squeezed shut to prevent it from falling out.
Pizza boxes can be recycled if not heavily stained with oil or pizza scraps. Heavily stained pizza boxes can go in the organics bin, compost bin or worm farm.
Soft plastic such as plastic bags, bread bags, magazine and newspaper wraps, food packaging and old 'reusable' shopping bags can be recycled at some metropolitan supermarkets such as Coles and Woolworths
- empty and rinse containers and bottles
- place items lose in the recycling bin
- keep items of different materials separate from one another: eg do not place cans or bottles in cardboard boxes
- use this bin for soft plastic such as plastic bags, bread bags, magazine and newspaper wraps, food packaging and old 'reusable' shopping bags.
- use this bin for polystyrene foam packaging: including foam food trays and cups
- bundle newspapers or cardboard together
- put items in plastic bags
What can’t go in your yellow lid recycling bin
The following items must not go in your recycling bin
- broken glass of any type
- car parts
- ceramics/heat proof glass
- coat hangers
- electrical items
- food scraps
- garden waste
- gas cylinders
- light globes
- medical waste
- mobile phones
- paper towels
- plastic bags
- polystyrene food/meat trays and cups
- polystyrene packaging
- soft plastics - cling/film wrap
- takeaway drink cups
- window glass.