Street tree services we provide are:
- the annual greening program
- pruning, maintenance and watering
- dealing with concerns of vandalism
- resident requests.
City of West Torrens Tree Strategy
West Torrens has more than 50,000 trees in its streets and parks and each year we plant around 1,500 new trees.
In order to help our city remain leafy and green and to build upon what we have already planted, Council has adopted a Tree Strategy which outlines what we wish to achieve in the coming years and how we are going to do this.
Our Tree Strategy
- Provides clarity about Council's role and vision in tree management.
- Assists with planning for new trees.
- Outlines key objectives and actions for the ongoing management of trees in our area.
- Establishes a clear pathway to manage processes, tree-based queries and decisions through sound arboricultural practices.
You can read our tree strategy online.
Annual greening program
Through the program a number of streets are selected throughout the area for planting either:
- replacements trees
- infill trees
- creating new street scapes.
Tree planting is carried out during winter. Notification letters are sent to all residents in the selected streets before tree planting starts.
You can choose not to have a tree in front of your property. Contact us when you are notified that tree planting has been scheduled for your street.