Your carbon footprint is the amount of carbon (C02) that you emit in any one year.
C02 is produced from many sources and is the primary gas responsible for Global warming and the resulting changes in our climate.
Calculate your carbon footprint
Work out your carbon footprint by using one of these calculators:
These tools can give a rough benchmark for the amount of carbon emissions you’re producing each year.
Their accuracy depends on the level of information you provide.
How to reduce your carbon footprint
Many actions can be undertaken to reduce your carbon footprint including:
- purchase energy and water efficient appliances
- eat less red meat
- buy food that is grown locally
- choose goods that are produced locally and made from local materials
- walk, cycle, carpool or use public transport
- minimise travel by aeroplane
- avoid, reduce, reuse and recycle.