Residents in parts of the City of West Torrens can now experience fast broadband over the nbn™ network with the official switch on of the nbn™ network in the Council area.
More than 3,500 families and businesses are now able to connect to the nbn™ network, with parts of Glandore, Kurralta Park, Marleston and West Beach among the first to go live.
The nbn™ network is so much more than fast internet. A state of the art communications network opens up a world of possibilities across education, business and entertainment. It also gives Australians the opportunity to be more productive, more creative, more efficient and more connected for decades to come.
Over 2 million households across the country are already enjoying:
- A brighter future: With new opportunities to learn, both in and out of the classroom, the nbn™ network will help you and future generations flourish in a digital world.
- Entertainment without the wait: Enjoy quick access to the content you need, when you need it – whether you’re video streaming, online gaming or watching live news and sport.†
- Loved ones within reach: With good quality video calls (minus the constant dropouts), you’ll never feel too far away.†
- A plan and speed that suits: You can connect to the nbn™ network through a range of providers who offer a variety of plans and speed options to meet your needs. Choosing the right speed tier to suit your needs is vital to transforming your online experience into something spectacular.
Steps to connect
- Check your address: Find out if the nbn™ network is available at your address, visit www.nbn.com.au
- Register for updates: If the nbn™ network is not yet available, register for email updates.
- nbn will let you know: Once you’ve registered for updates with nbn™, they’ll email you when your home or business is ready to connect. Once you have confirmation that you can switch to the nbn™ network, you’ll have 18 months to move your affected services to the nbn™ network before the existing network is switched off.*
- Choose the right plan: You can connect to the nbn™ network through a range of providers offering a choice of nbn™ plans.
- Contact your service provider: Switching is not automatic, so contact a phone or internet service provider.
- Switch before disconnection: It’s a good idea to switch to the nbn™ network well before your disconnection date to allow time for your order to be processed, and for installation, if applicable.
For a detailed view on what's happening in the City of West Torrens, explore the nbn™ network rollout map.
†Your experience, including the speeds actually achieved over the nbn™ network, depends on the technology over which services are delivered to your premises and some factors outside our control (like your equipment quality, software, broadband plans, signal reception and how your service provider designs its network).
*Services provided over the nbn™ network will be replacing phone and internet services provided over most of the existing landline networks, including copper and the majority of HFC networks within the fixed line footprint. Services provided over existing fibre networks (including in-building, health and education networks) and some special and business services may not be affected. To find out if your services will be affected, please contact your current phone or internet provider. For more information, visit nbn.com.au/switchoff or call 1800 687 626.