The Thebarton Community Centre, located on the corner of South Road and Ashwin Parade, Torrensville (car park entrance via South Road) offers a flexible space for hire. The Centre can be used by a number of hirers at the same time.
- You need to book to use the Thebarton Community Centre. Advance bookings are recommended particularly for weekends.
- To make a booking you must be over 18 years of age.
- You will need to pay a deposit to hold your booking.
- If you cancel you will not lose your deposit but you may need to pay a cancellation fee.
- To apply for a booking date please complete and return the application form (schedule a)
- Please take some time to read the terms and conditions (schedule c) and return the signed section with your application form.
- High risk bookings (schedule D).
Returning your completed form
You may return your completed application form and signed terms and conditions to:
City of West Torrens
165 Sir Donald Bradman Drive
Hilton SA 5033
Please note: If community and/or ‘not for profit’ groups wish to use the Thebarton Community Centre on a regular weekend basis (and can be accommodated) then they will be required to pay the relevant private/corporate rate to do so. Regular bookings only be guaranteed for a four week period at a time.
Book your induction
After you receive confirmation of your booking, you can then book your induction for the Thebarton Community Centre using our online form prior to your event date.
Bookings for 2019
Booking dates for 2019 for hirers opened on the 1st October 2018.
Bookings for 2020
Bookings for 2020 will open 1st October 2019.
- large foyer area with outlook to Kings Reserve.
- two large halls and four meeting rooms
- kitchen/bar and tea areas.
- acoustic separation from heavy traffic on South Road.
- bus drop off access.
- car parking facility for 120 cars (off South Road).
What activities can be held at the Centre?
|anniversaries and engagements
||health and fitness programs
|christenings, baptisms and naming parties
||wakes and funeral suppers
Prices for hiring the Centre vary. You will also need to pay a refundable bond.
Please note: All hires from 5pm Friday until 8am Monday are considered private hire and the appropriate fee will apply. Requests to waive fees will not be considered.
Download the schedule of facilities and hire fees.
Availability for hire?
Monday to Thursday, 8am to 3am
Friday to Sunday, 8am to 4am
Take the hassle out of your next meeting by booking one of our catering packages.
You can choose your own caterer or do you own catering.
A dishwasher is provided for your use.
If you are a regular hirer of the centre you will need to have public liability insurance to the minimum value of $20 million.
You will need to promote your event yourself.
Community events can be listed on this site.
We'd love to hear about your experience at the Thebarton Community Centre via our online feedback form.