In order to help meet the growing needs of our community and provide better and more user-friendly spaces, the City of West Torrens is upgrading a number of larger recreational spaces in West Torrens, including Camden Park, Mellor Park, Apex Park, Lockleys Oval, Kings Reserve and Weigall Oval.
Camden Oval upgrade
Stages 1 and 2 of the upgrade to Camden Oval have been completed and works included:
- a new synthetic turf senior soccer pitch
- new female-friendly change facility for soccer
- new female-friendly change facility for football, cricket and athletics
- new club room facility for PHOS & Camden Sport and Social Club
- new car parking area
- upgraded football/cricket oval with irrigation
- significant pruning of olive trees (that once belonged to Sir John Morphett as part of the Cummins estate) to encourage new growth and improve health.
Additional upgrades to the playground and public courts will begin in mid-2020 and a new 'Camden Classic Walk' will be developed.
While works are being undertaken, restrictions to car parking may be in place.
We apologise for any inconvenience during the construction periods of these projects and will endeavour to keep you updated on the closure times via our website and social media channels.