Uniting Care Wesley Bowden provides information, support and advocacy to assist people with financial matters.
Financial counselling appointments (with a fully accredited financial counsellor) are available at the Hamra Centre Library on Thursday evenings (fortnightly) from 6 - 7pm or 7 - 8pm. This service offers free, independent and confidential financial counselling. Appointments can be made by contacting the Library on 8416 6228, enquiring at the Library Desk, or booking through Eventbrite.
Financial counselling appointments are free.
This service is provided by Uniting Care Wesley Bowden and the West Torrens Library Service.
A financial counsellor may assist with:
- Provision of information and referral for low income clients.
- Provision of information to clients concerning their rights and legal obligations in respect to financial contracts.
- Advocacy and negotiation on behalf of clients to develop acceptable repayment programs or other agreed options with creditors and government departments.
- Preparation of a workable budget and assistance for clients to understand their financial situation, and help them develop skills and strategies to address their financial problems.
Please note, financial counsellors cannot:
- Offer investment advice.
- Complete tax returns.
- Pay your bills.
- Provide emergency relief or material aid.