More than 60 artworks in various mediums were short-listed by judges to be displayed in the Auditorium Gallery during June 2017 as Council celebrated its inaugural West Torrens Art Prize.
Paintings, photographs, mixed media and digital artworks reflecting on the theme 'Between the City and the Sea' brought the Gallery to life, with many local artists exhibiting their works.
Paul Whitehead took out the overall West Torrens Art Prize with his painting 'The Thebbie', plus a prize money of $10,000.
Other winners included:
- Emerging Artist - Astrid Hocking 'City To The Sea Along The Karrawirra Parri'
- Linden Edwards - 'Between City And Sea'
- Bernard Shore - 'A Western Dream'
- Ali Symons - 'City, Suburbs, Sea'
- Mayor's Certificate of Recognition - Hannah Ranger 'Both Can Drown You'
- People's Choice - Leith Semmens 'Musk Lorikeet Torrens Street Torrensville'.
The aim of the prize was to encourage South Australians aged 16 years and over to create an artwork that was reflective of 'Between the City and the Sea'.
View our Facebook photo gallery.
Visit Gallery 247 to view all artworks.