Steps on how to apply
Step 1: learn about the requirements for your development
When applying for development approval, it is a good idea to review the Council's Development Plan. The Development Plan contains information about:
- guidelines for different types of development
- which developments need approval
- zoning provisions.
View the Development Plan here.
Step 2: complete an application form
The form is for all types of development proposals including planning and building.
Development application form
Step 3: attach your documents
Documents required vary according the development being proposed. For a list of what you need to include with your application view the relevant checklist:
- Building development application checklist
- Building applications additional information development checklist
- Residential development checklist includes dwellings, dwelling additions, outbuildings, garages, carports and shade sails
- Commercial or industrial development checklist
- Change of use development checklist
- Other structures development checklist includes satellite dishes, aerials and flagpoles
- Fences, walls and retaining walls checklist
- Regulated and Significant tree removal checklist
- Signage checklist
- Swimming pool and spa development checklist
Step 4: lodge your application
You can lodge your application with us in person, by post, or by email: email@example.com
Please note: Applications for land divisions must be lodged with the State Commission Assessment Panel (SCAP).
Step 5: pay the application fee
You need to pay a fee when lodging your application. The fee amount depends on the nature of the development.
Step 6: track your application
You can Track your application online.
Alternatively you may call a Development Officer on 8416 6333 between 8:30am and 5pm on weekdays.