"People are the heart and soul of the West Torrens community. In their diversity lies our strength and identity."
(West Torrens City Council, Towards 2025 Community Plan page 12)
Key dates for young people
- National Youth Tobacco Free Day (March)
- National Youth Week (April)
- National Volunteer Week (May)
- National Change Your Password Day - Stay Smart Online (June)
- Refugee Week (June)
- Youth Consultation (On-going)
- Enrol To Vote Week (July)
- International Youth Day (varies)
- 40 Hour Famine (August)
- Mental Health Week (October)
- Anti-Poverty Week (October)
- Sock It To Suicide Week (October)
- Schoolies Festival - Victor Harbor (November)
- Christmas Day (25 December)
Summer Reading Club
A free school holiday program with activities for kids up to 16 years of age including:
- interactive creative writing
- online games.
Find out more about the Summer Reading Club.
Junior Development Grants
Minor grants are provided to individuals aged under 18 years throughout the year.
The grants contribute a small subsidy to support individual involvement in state, interstate and international activities in a variety of areas including:
- sport and recreation
- science and technology
- history, arts and culture.
Find out more about Junior Development Grants and how to apply.
Homework help for secondary school students is offered at the Hamra Centre Library
Find out more about homework help.
More information about youth programs
Email the Community Development Officer Youth for more information about youth programs or call 8416 6333.