West Maps public is an exciting new initiative giving local residents the opportunity to discover more information on a wide range of topics.
West Maps public is a Geographic Information System (GIS) which can provide and analyse information based on location.
This handy tool on Council's website makes available a huge range of helpful and interesting information including:
- aerial photography from 1948 and 2016 - see the changes
- areas affected by aircraft noise
- BBQ and drinking fountain locations
- Council's Boulevard of Honour - recognising our returned veterans
- Mobile Library locations
- reserves and playgrounds
- transport routes
- property searches
- heritage layers and historic conservation images
... plus much more. It also incorporates Google Maps and Street View functions.
Check out West Maps public and if there is something you believe may add value, feel free to provide feedback.