We have a wide range of picture books ideal for preschool and early primary school children including board books, which are great for babies and toddlers.
We have four children’s fiction collections:
- first readers
- easy readers
- graphic novels.
Our children’s non fiction collection covers a range of interesting topics including:
- art & craft
Parenting kits cover a variety of parenting issues. Popular topics include:
- breast feeding
- toilet training
- language and communication.
Get a full listing of parenting kits from our catalogue.
A range of audio visual items are available including:
- book and CD kits
- audio books (CDs)
- music CDs
- Wii games.
Toy & sports collection
The toy collection contains toys and games suitable for babies and young children. The toy collection is based around different learning and developmental skills. Toys and games can be borrowed by parents for their children.
Sporting equipment can be borrowed by anyone. The sports collection includes equipment for individuals and groups for various sporting activities.
Find out more about our toy and sports collection.
Our children’s magazine collection includes humorous and factual magazines such as:
Online information services are offered through this site or the Library catalogue.
Online Maths learning for kids
10monkeys.com is a math learning tool to help 6-10 year old kids learn basic mathematical skills in a fun game-like environment. It has:
- More than 200 math challenges in 7 categories: understanding numbers, addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, and verbal and money-related calculations
- Four easily adjustable skill levels
- Four fun themes to choose from: jungle, beach, safari and space
- Light-hearted score sheet for stars and badges and monkey level.
Click to log on to 10monkeys.com
- 3 to 6 year olds
- Designed for early learners of all aptitudes and abilities
- Quirky characters: parachuting pink men, dancing robots, a doughnut-eating monkey and many others
- A fun place to be!
Explore Busy Things.
For students from year 3 to 12, TAFE or University.
Studiosity connects students to qualified expert tutors for individual real-time conversations about:
- home work
- exam preparation
- study questions.
*Available to West Torrens residents only. Please visit or contact the Library on 8416 6228 for login details.
Log on to Studiosity.
My Health and Wellbeing free online health resources
quality general health information
- selected by public library staff.
Log on to My Health and Wellbeing.
Find out more about our eResources.