The website has been designed to meet user needs and to be compliant with worldwide standards (W3C) for disability access.
A fixed font size has been used on this web site but you can increase the text size within your browser.
Internet Explorer (IE 8 and above)
1. Select View from the menu bar
2. Hover your mouse over the Text Size menu option
3. Select your preferred size (largest, larger, medium, small, smallest)
4. The new font size will be applied to the City of West Torrens site
1. Select Tools from the menu bar
2. Click on Options
3. Click on the Content tab
4. Change the font to your preferred size and click OK
1. Select the tools option in the top right hand corner of the browser window.
2. Choose the zoom option on the drop down menu
3. Use the – and + buttons to increase or decrease the font size
1. Select the View menu.
2. Select Make Text Bigger or Make Text Smaller to change the font size
To set a larger text size for all pages:
1. Select the Safari menu.
2. Click on Preferences or press Apple.
3. Click on the Appearance' icon
4. Click on Select next to Standard font: box This will bring up the Fonts window
5. Click on font size you want under the Sizes heading
6. Use in the font size you want and then press Enter
7. Use or press Esc to exit the standard font box
8. Use or press Esc to exit the Appearance window
Our main services are listed on the drop menus which can be accessed from anywhere on the site.
The sub menu on the left of screen opens out on selection to list the topics included in each category and sub category.
This provides a reference to where you are in the site and the other topics available in that section.
Search for information across the site using the search facility located at the top of each page above the main menu. Simply type in a keyword and a list of options will appear in a drop down menu
Search for information by type such as news or events. Select the Search button to go to the search page.
Search for documents and agendas and minutes by keyword, category and A to Z listing.
Search for Agendas and minutes by keyword, document type and year.
Search for news in the news section by keyword and news type.
Search for Events in the events section by keyword, age group, event type and date.
Search for frequently asked questions by keyword and topic.
Find local facilities using the map guide. Separate maps are provided for the Hamra Centre Library, mobile Library stops, parks and gardens, Bus loop stops, walking and bicycle paths.
If you are having problems finding information on the website email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333.
PDF downloads have been kept to a minimum when providing information about Council services. PDFs have only been used where the information is technical or more detailed.
All PDF documents have been created on this site using Adobe Acrobat.
Download Adobe Reader
If you are unable to access PDF documents on this site email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333.
A printer friendly button is available on the top right of each page of the website. Use this when you need to print a page.
Website translation services
Page providing general information about Council and library services are provided in Arabic, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Persian and Vietnamese.
For further assistance call the Translating & Interpreting Service (TIS) on 8226 1990.
Need more help
If you are having any problems accessing our website finding information or viewing documents email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333.