We provide a 240 litre green organic bin for household organic waste.
This bin is emptied from the kerb in front of your home on the same day as your red lid bin once every two weeks.
Only place items that can be composted in your organics bin. 'If it didn't grow it doesn't go'.
You can use your green bin for:
- cut flowers
- lawn clippings
- small branches up to 15cm wide x 60cm long
You can also place food waste in this bin including:
- cheese and yoghurt
- coffee grounds
- egg shells, oyster shells and nut shells
- meat scraps and bones: cooked or raw
- paper: shredded paper, tissues, paper towels
- pizza boxes: heavily soiled
- seafood: cooked or raw
- takeaway foods
- vegetable scraps.
The organics bin cannot be used for:
- dirt, sand or soil
- garden and other tools
- household waste
- irrigation hoses
- painted or treated timber
- plant pots and trays
- plastic of any kind
- rocks and stones.
Missed collections, damaged bins and new bins
Contact the Waste Enquiry Line on 8295 5077 between 7am and 6pm if:
- your bin is damaged
- your bin was not emptied when put out for collection or
- there are no bins at the property when you move in.
Find out more about putting your bin out.
Bins are the property of Council and should not be removed if you relocate or sell your home.
If the property is being demolished, contact Council on 8416 6333 to arrange for the bins to be collected.
If your bin is missing complete the online form.
Email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333
Solo Resource Recovery
181 Morphett Road
North Plympton SA 5037
Phone 8295 5077
Email Solo Resource Recovery