We may sell or dispose of assets through the following methods:
- direct sale through public advertisement
- public auction
- invitation to tender (select or open)
- donation to community groups and/or charitable institutions
- vehicle trade or sale in arrangements consistent with Council’s Fleet Management Administration Policy
- disposal to waste.
Council may sell or dispose of land through the following methods:
- direct purchase
- verbal quotations
- written quotations
- select invitation to tender
- open invitation to tender.
When selling assets or land we may need to consider:
- the number of known potential purchases
- original intention for the use of the asset or land when purchased
- current and possible preferred future use of the asset or land
- opportunity to promote local economic growth and development
- total estimated value of the sale
- compliance with statutory and other obligations
- urgency of the sale or disposal
- condition of the asset(s)
- cost of the sale against the value or return of the asset(s).
Email the Service Centre or call 8416 6333.