West Torrens offers residents a great work-life balance.
Conveniently located between Adelaide's Central Business District (CBD) and the South Australian coastline West Torrens is a short distance from both the city and Glenelg beach.
West Torrens has a steady population with around 56,000 people living in the area.
Our community is a vibrant mix of nationalities. People from Greece, Italy, the United Kingdom, China, India and Vietnam all help make up our cultural richness. They have brought with them their different customs, cuisines and music.
West Torrens is home to the Adelaide Airport and provides a number of retail shopping precincts such as Harbour Town, IKEA and the Mile End Homemaker Centre.
Local businesses help boost our economy by bringing visitors to our city and providing employment opportunities.
Local transport is easily accessible with buses and trams servicing our suburbs, shopping and entertainment facilities.
For those eager to keep fit as well as reduce their carbon footprint, bike paths in and around the area allow cyclists to commute safely away from traffic.
Our city is also home to a range of recreational opportunities with parks, reserves, golf courses, beaches, ovals and wetlands.
There are many advantages to locating your business to West Torrens:
- strong and visionary local leadership
- well maintained infrastructure
- low council rates
- local business support through sponsorship of the Inner West Business Enterprise Centre
- centrally located within the Adelaide metropolitan area only minutes from the Central Business District
- houses the University of Adelaide Research Campus and at Thebarton Technology Hub
- existing commercial and industrial areas.
- a culturally diverse population of 58,000
- a range of housing options
- pleasant natural surroundings including the River Torrens, wetlands, parks, reserves and beaches
- proactive environmental management.
- home to Adelaide Airport and Great Southern Railway
- main access roads to the South Eastern and Northern routes of National Highway One
- direct route to Port Adelaide
- direct route to Dry Creek Freight Yards.
- well serviced by public transport.