The Special Olympics Australia National Games are being held in South Australia this year and several events are being held in the West Torrens' area. The Games will be held on from 16 - 20 April 2018.
Council is a supporter of the Games, which are held every four years and showcase hundreds of athletes with intellectual disability from all over Australia.
This will be the 11th games to be held and sports will include:
- athletics, track and field - SA Athletics Stadium, Mile End
- baskeball - Campbelltown
- bocce - Felixstow
- bowling - Woodville
- equestrian - Mallala
- football - Adelaide Shores Barratt Reserve East, West Beach
- golf - Adelaide Shores Golf Club, West Beach
- gymnastics - Morphetville
- sailing - Adelaide Sailing Club, West Beach
- swimming - Oaklands Park
- tennis - West Lakes
- AFL - tba
More information, a full list of sports and venues and tickets can be found on the Special Olympics Australia website