In order to help meet the growing needs of our community and provide better and more user-friendly spaces, the City of West Torrens is upgrading Apex Park and Weigall Oval.
Apex Park upgrade
Stage 1 of this upgrade is about to start, which will improve the versatility of the site as well as safety and amenity and enhancement of the natural environment.
Elements of Stage 1 include:
- earthworks to modify site levels
- construction of a new community building
- construction of a horse arena and associated sheds and bridle track
- new car parks and access roads
- a new path network and retaining walls around the southern perimeter of the wetland
- a new duck pond with boardwalk and water recirculation system
- shelters and barbecues
- resurfaced and re-purposed tennis courts
- new basketball court
- new irrigated lawn area.
Stormwater drainage works will begin on 27 November 2017 and will take around four weeks to complete. After this date, the park will be re-open for the majority of the Summer school holiday period. Following this, the park will be closed for major construction works, which are due for completion late in 2018.
Download a copy of the plans pdf (4MB)
Weigall Oval redevelopment
Stage 1 is scheduled to start on 4 December 2017 and be completed in May 2018. The end result will see a high quality open space that will meet the needs of nearby residents and sporting clubs that use the facility.
Elements of Stage 1 will include:
- an adventure bike trail
- three different play spaces
- shelter with seating and barbecue
- community courts
- street verge parking
- toilet facility.
During the period of construction Weigall Oval will be closed to the public at various times for safety reasons.
Download a copy of the plans pdf (9MB)
We apologise for any inconvenience during the construction periods of both these projects and will do our best to keep you updated on the closure times via our website and social media channels.